If you love cooking from scratch, you’ll love this traditional cheesecake recipe!
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
4 – 8oz packs of cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp lemon zest
2/3 cup apricot preserves – optional
2 Tbsp water – optional
1 quart strawberries – optional
- Sprinkle bottom of lightly greased 9 inch springform pan with graham cracker crumbs.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Mix in lemon juice, zest and vanilla.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
Cheesecake can be served as is, or you can cook the apricot preserves with water as a sauce. Arrange strawberries on top of cheesecake and then drizzle with the apricot preserve mixture.